Real Estate Manager
Real Estate Manager Job Description
The Real Estate Manager leads the site acquisition process for cell sites from site identification to permitting. The Real Estate Manager supervises Real Estate Specialists and other real estate team members through leadership and support while ensuring the progression of the project.
- Champion Smartlink’s beliefs and values through everyday actions.*
- Direct the day-to-day work of real estate team members through the provision of structure and the creation and articulation of clear and measurable goals.*
- Research zoning codes and regulations that might affect the development of the site; coordinate with various personnel to ensure sites meet engineering and construction requirements and are compliant with all regulatory standards.*
- Ensure completion of leasing packages and other documentation required by regulation and law.*
- Coordinate with various personnel to ensure sites meet engineering and construction requirements.*
- Review and approve Site Candidate Identification Packages (SCIPs) prior to submission to the client.*
- Review and approve all entitlements.*
- Oversee sites to ensure projects stay on schedule, within budget, and records are maintained properly.*
- Update and maintain internal and client databases with project related information*
- Develop a real estate team through tactical onboarding of new talent and development of internal talent.
- Train real estate team in functional areas of technical wireless network deployment and maintenance consistent with Smartlink policy and procedure.
- Assist with modifications on approved site as needed.
- Coordinates handoffs with contractors and construction team.
- Monitor the progress and results of the team and provide timely and effective evaluations and feedback.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and internal leadership in order to clearly communicate the status of all real estate projects to all parties.
- Provide annual, quarterly, weekly, and ad hoc reporting pertaining to real estate project activity.
- Contribute to the Smartlink’s body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring, and optimization.
- Maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
- Extensive knowledge of leasing and construction laws and ordinances.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and align business processes to organizational objectives.
- Passion for delivering high quality service with the ability to lead organizational change.
- Proficient at MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent interpersonal, coaching, training, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to thoughtfully provide feedback and adapt behavior to feedback received
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong demonstrated ability to prioritize, a commitment to tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have six years of combined experience in the telecommunications and commercial real estate industries; including leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Moderate travel (<20%) is expected in association with performing this position.