Project Manager Job Description
Reporting to a Director of Services or Program Manager, the Project Manager leads all aspects of a client’s services projects within a specific geographic area or a specific scope of work. This role maintains client relationships and the execution of client needs while delivering profitable results by enforcing workforce strategies and processes. The Project Manager supervises project specific team members and contractors through leadership and support while ensuring data integrity and the progression of the project.
- Champion Smartlink’s beliefs and values through everyday actions.*
- Manage assigned services projects provided by clients within a specific geographic area or scope of work.*
- Develop a project team through tactical onboarding of new talent and development of internal talent.*
- Train and develop team members in functional areas of technical wireless network deployment and maintenance consistent with Smartlink policy and procedure.*
- Translate broader business initiatives into clear objectives for the team.*
- Direct the day-to-day work of team members through the provision of a structure and the creation and articulation of clear and measurable goals.*
- Enforce services workforce strategies, policies, and procedures and ensure the implementation of policies and best practices.*
- Maintain and assure the accuracy and consistency of data for all services projects within internal and client databases.
- Work with team to maintain an accurate budget for each assigned project through ownership of approval of the cost and billing for all services projects.
- Monitor the progress and results of the team, including contractors, and provide timely and effective evaluations and feedback.
- Acts as a liaison between the client and internal executive team to clearly communicate the status of all services projects.
- Provide annual, quarterly, weekly, and ad hoc reporting pertaining to services project activity.
- Contribute to Smartlink’s body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring, and optimization.
- Maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and align business processes to organizational objectives.
- Body of knowledge of wireless industry and/or project management standards.
- Passion for delivering high quality service with the ability to lead organizational change.
- Proficient at MS Office, especially Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent interpersonal, coaching, leadership, and negotiating skills.
- Ability to thoughtfully provide feedback and adapt behavior to feedback received.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High-level proficiency in prioritizing work, meeting tight deadlines, and multi-tasking.
- Successful strategic navigation of customer relationships.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Proficient at desired accounting software.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have six years of experience in the telecommunications industry or related field; including experience in a lead, supervisory, or project management role.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage, but not required.
- Moderate travel (~20%) is expected in association with performing this position.