Cyber Security Engineer IV
MAX BILL RATE; $171.54
Senior Telecommunications Cyber Security Engineer JOB SUMMARY Todays Telecommunications Cyber Security Engineer (CSE) provides a security engagement for all projects and products within the Telecommunications Engineering and Operations teams at T-Mobile. The T-CSE is both a trusted advisor and advocate for protecting T-Mobile assets. This is done through an active security policy, a simple engagement model, and people empowered to make a difference. Are you ready to join the Uncarrier as we redefine the rules of wireless?
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES SECURITY ENGAGEMENT ASSESSOR SKILLS
- Act as a trusted technical security advisor to all levels of the organization for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- Subject matter expert and leader in a technical field, and able to drive vision and results to enhance the overall security posture of T-Mobile
- Principal security advisor to cross-functional teams for the successful delivery of projects or services to enterprise customers.
- Ability to develop a program that assesses risks and provides innovative countermeasure solutions that appropriately balance security and business objectives
- Experience controlling the threat surface area, identifying attack vectors, vulnerabilities and establishing appropriate controls. Can build a threat model for any asset or program.
- Evaluation & assessment of compliance to a regulation, law or policy using industry standard methodologies (NIST, PCI, CPNI, SOX, etc.) in an enterprise environment
INTERNAL TOOL SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience building a strategy to evaluate, recommend, and implement commercial hardware and software security products to augment and enhance the Company enterprise security program
- Stays abreast of new technologies and solutions available to enhance T-Mobiles security posture. Able to learn new technologies and drive them from ideation through deployment and integration to fully automated and operationalized
- Ability to automate basic integration, data collection, scripting and reporting tasks via secure coding standards
- Experience supporting network, operating system, database, application or data layers across multiple platforms and technologies
- Ability to lead team members on program level initiatives, manage competing priorities, communicate delivery expectations and help the team meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with business and technology teams to influence and educate for sound security structure and repeatable processes
- Take on enterprise level problems, innovate and solution, and influence partners to drive it forward.
- Know your limits and use resources and the team to improve solutions presented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership.
- 7+ years of IT infrastructure proficiency and experience that could include one or more years of experience in: Encryption, Tokenization, Forensics/eDiscovery, Penetration Testing, Firewalls (static, WAF), Proxies, Gateways, Routers, VPN, Application Security SAST/DAST, cloud (XaaS), database, big data, telecom, mobile network, etc.
- 5+ years information security experience preferred
- 3+ years telecommunications related experience preferred
- Proven ability to assess, influence, recommend, deploy and integrate Information Security solutions
- Foundational understanding of several enterprise environment technologies, security domains, or telecommunications infrastructure and architecture
- Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, CPNI, etc
- CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA, CIPP, and a computer science background preferred
- Available for work in Bellevue, WA (Factoria)
- CISSP Certification (active or former) or related experience.
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science or similar work experience
Job Status: Contract/Temporary